Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Facemask Anyone?





As probably most of you have heard by now, Stephen had a little run-in with a softball last Thursday. He was STANDING on 2nd after running from 1st and the 2nd baseman failed to catch the ball coming in from left center (stupid girl). His forehead took the brunt of the ball, but his nose did get a little bit in the way. He was determined to finish the game, but didn't get through the batting order again before it was over. Rather than going straight to community care for stitches, we came home so he could look at it. After watching the highlights of the NBA game and waiting to see the Dodgers score he finally checked it out and realized that we should probably have it looked at, so off to the ER we go (community care had closed by now). The lady at the desk asked what he had done to make me mad and I told her that I had to be on a chair to reach that high---ha ha! Anyway, 3 underneath stitches, 7 on the top and about 3 hours later we head home (1:15ish am). Get home, eat dinner (we still hadn't eaten) and go to bed. Stephen is up at 6am to play basketball and has a men's softball game that night. Crazy? Stubborn? A Trooper? I'm not sure which describes him best! Anyway, the stitches come out today and hopefully it will heal up o.k. I think he just needs a facemask now..anyone have one we can use?
PS: The Pics are backwards....the top one is Monday night, next one is Saturday morning, next one is right before stitches and the bottom one is at the ER waiting to go back to see the doc. I'll get this figured out sometime......

1 comment:

  1. Oh my GOSH!!!!! That has got to just KILLLLLLLLL! Poor Stephen. It sounds like he was not that effected by it but .... um.... WOW. Looking at the ER pic reminds me of how I feel when I look at the picture of mom's broken leg. I hope he gets feeling better soon. What a trooper!

    ReplyDelete